Main Forum

Cgstrader's Staff Application

3 replies
Knight
Votes:
Knight
Assistant
Please fill this out honestly and write the answer you think best suits you, not what you think we want to see as an answer.
Keep in mind you are applying for the only staff rank you can apply for, Assistant.

What is your in-game name: Cgstrader

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time

Gender (optional): Male

What times of the day are you most active?
Most Active at Night, but I play throughout the days too

What advice would you give to someone who had to deal with people that are younger or less mature than them?
Try to put yourself in their shoes, or try to understand it from their point of view. Not everyone knows the same things or has all of the same advantages so it is good to try to understand that and accommodate that.

How do you think others view you? What kind of person do you come across as to others?
I feel like I am a very approachable person and viewed as easy to talk to and ask questions.

Do you plan to play or are you only interested in staff? I plan on doing both at the same time.

Have you played Towny and/or Bending before? How would you describe your overall experience on Towny and/or Bending servers?
I have played on multiple servers that are either Towny or Bending, but this is my first server that has both and I am absolutely in love with it! I enjoy both of the plugins separately and they are even better together.

Do you have experience being staff? If so, can you tell us a little about your experience and anything you found challenging about being a staff member on a Towny and/or Bending server?
(Past experience is not required.)
I was an Admin on Crafted Serenity for a little over a year until I got a new job and it took all of my free time. Fortunately we got a bunch of new people at my work so the oldies are no longer being over worked and I have plenty of free time once again! The only thing that I found challenging was not knowing all of the necessary commands to be able to help people however I have since learned the vast majority of all the commands.

What do you like most about craftlords, what do you think should be changed/worked on?
I love almost everything about the server. All of the plugins fit together so perfectly to make it an absolutely amazing server but I think my favorite thing is Vampires/Werewolves. Something about the plugin just intrigues me :). It is a great server I just think it needs more staff so at least one is always on.

Staff perms are used to help keep the server friendly, safe, fair and enjoyable for everyone but some staff may abuse their perms which we do not tolerate. Do you mind if we check up on you to make sure you’re using staff perms properly?
Of Course, this is a necessity for me because my past experience had a lot of abusers and nobody believed me.

Two players are arguing in global chat civilly and calmly, what should you do?
warn them, mute them, kick them, ban them. In that order is how I handle situations in chat, each one is a step in the plan and I do not proceed to the next unless it is necessary.

Two players are arguing in global chat, the argument is heated and one or both is being abusive, what should you do?
mute immediately and message them privately to address the issue, then I would follow the above steps if needed.

A new player logs onto the server spamming an advertisement then leaves, what should you do?
IP Ban

You see a player blatantly hacking (flying, speed ect) what should you do?
Report them to higher staff, IP Ban

Other comments:
I know that not all servers have the same policies nor do they handle all situations the same. I am a very fast learner and if anything in my application creates concerns feel free to message me and we can work it out. Thank you for your time and consideration and I look forward to our future endeavors.
Posted Jul 10, 18 · OP
CraftLord
Votes:
+20
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Admins
CraftLord
Nice. I only have one question. What do you expect being a staff member to offer you? How does it benifit you?
Posted Jul 24, 18
Knight
Votes:
Knight
Assistant
I like being there for the players, making relationships with them and helping to make their experience on the server as best as possible. This server already brings me satisfaction because it is already really good, but being a part of what makes it so good will be even better.
Posted Jul 24, 18 · OP
CraftLord
Votes:
+20
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Admins
CraftLord
accepted
Posted Jul 31, 18
Top Posters
62 Posts