Main Forum

Eurydomee's Staff Application

2 replies
Votes:
Untagged users
What is your in-game name: Eurydomee.

Timezone: EST / UTC -4:00

Gender (optional): Female.

What times of the day are you most active?
I'm most active in the afternoon. I'm really free most of the time and I usually play throughout the day.

What advice would you give to someone who had to deal with people that are younger or less mature than them?
I'd explain to them that a younger/less mature person just needs guidance and assistance, not rejection or bullying. I'd tell them to be patient and kind with the other player, maybe teach them what they know to help them. Each player, no matter the age or maturity, should be treated with the same respect as anyone else.

How do you think others view you? What kind of person do you come across as to others?
I think I am a charismatic, helpful, kind person, though sometimes humor gets the best of me. I enjoy the lightheartedness of joking around with people, but I know when I've crossed the line, and I step back then and apologize if I've gone too far. Humor is only fun when everyone is having a good time with it, not the majority vs. one.

Do you plan to play or are you only interested in staff?
Oh, I love playing on the server as just a normal member already! It's incredibly fun, and even if I don't get the position, I'll still definitely play more. I'm interested in staff as well because I enjoy helping people and guiding them. I love seeing how people light up after they learn something new or find something they like.

Have you played Towny and/or Bending before? How would you describe your overall experience on Towny and/or Bending servers?
This is actually the first Towny/Bending server I've played on, but I've been playing on it for a while, and I must say that I love both plugins! They bring such a rich new level of play to Minecraft, especially since we don't have to worry about raids anymore. I love seeing people's incredible towns, and I love using bending to assist in building mine!

Do you have experience being staff? If so, can you tell us a little about your experience and anything you found challenging about being a staff member on a Towny and/or Bending server?
(Past experience is not required.)

I've been a staff member before, long ago on a friend's server. I'm positive commands and all have changed since then, but I'm a quick learner, and I'm open to being taught what I don't know about new permissions. I find it all fascinating!

What do you like most about craftlords, what do you think should be changed/worked on?
I love the community and friendliness. I've visited many towns, and by being kind, I've created good allies and friends that I enjoy spending time around. Craftlords is really unlike any other server, and I'm not saying that just because. I really love this server! I'm unsure if anything can be bettered... maybe let players set up small shops in towns?

Staff perms are used to help keep the server friendly, safe, fair and enjoyable for everyone but some staff may abuse their perms which we do not tolerate. Do you mind if we check up on you to make sure you’re using staff perms properly?
Oh, absolutely! Not only do I welcome being checked on, but I would really like feedback on what I do to improve how I can help people!

Two players are arguing in global chat civilly and calmly, what should you do?
I would maintain a calm state of mind and hear them out open-mindedly. After listening to what happened, I would immediately begin to work on a resolve to their issue or a compromise to ease the tension.

Two players are arguing in global chat, the argument is heated and one or both is being abusive, what should you do?
I would enter the argument calmly, letting them talk to me instead of to one another while also being able to listen to both sides of the story. If they fought excessively, even after I attempted helping, they would receive warnings before being muted. Arguments can ruin the experience for other players, and I don't want to see that happen.

A new player logs onto the server spamming an advertisement then leaves, what should you do?
I would ask a more experienced staff member about what they would do if I hadn't already known what course of action to take, then go about giving the proper punishments (banning, etc).

You see a player blatantly hacking (flying, speed ect) what should you do?
Heavy warnings before banning if they didn't turn them off. I think hacking ruins the quality of the game for both the hacker and other players, and I don't enjoy tolerating it.

Other comments: Thank you very much for reading my application! I can't wait to see how Craftlords develops in the future, especially with how open the staff is to new ideas.
Posted Jun 25, 18 · OP
Helper
Votes:
+7
Helper
Great app! Good luck!
Posted Jun 27, 18
List
Undo
CraftLord
Votes:
+20